Support at Star
The support team are the backbone to any organisation. We know that in successful schools education, pastoral and business professionals work together to deliver high quality learning environments. At Star, we offer support (non-teaching) roles within our schools and at Star Central.
School Support Roles
All our schools have a dedicated team of support staff who are committed to delivering outstanding outcomes for our pupils, working with our teachers and leaders to provide the highest standards of education and ensuring our schools are well managed.
Across Star schools, our support roles include:
- Learning support – Our learning support staff work alongside teachers to enhance our pupils’ learning experience. Providing group and one-to-one support to address barriers to learning, our teaching assistants and learning coaches are vital to the delivery of our ambitious, knowledge-rich curriculum.
- Specialist and technical support – Our specialist and technical staff support the delivery of science, art, technology and IT, making sure lessons are safe and resourced effectively.
- Pupil support and welfare – Our pupil support team works with pupils and their families to ensure every child actively participates in learning and reaches their full potential. Staff work in and out of school to enhance attendance and behaviour and provide pastoral support to those experiencing disadvantage or difficulty.
- Business administration – Our business administration team provides essential back-office services for the whole school. Business staff are responsible for providing financial, HR and general administrative support within a school, whilst examinations officers and data managers support the administration and management of examinations. Together, all play a crucial role in the day-to-day life of a school, keeping everything running as smoothly as possible.
- Estates and facilities – Our site supervisors, cleaners and catering team take responsibility for the maintenance and security of our school estate and the provision of essential facilities and services, creating a safe and healthy learning environment where our pupils can flourish.
Star Central Roles
Star Central sets the strategy and vision that makes Star one of the country’s leading education providers. It develops evidence-based policies, procedures and approaches for a world-class character-based and knowledge rich education; builds the research and development capacity in the Star workforce; and facilitates collaboration within and beyond the Star community.
Star Central is based in Blackburn, Lancashire, with hub offices in West Yorkshire, Greater Manchester, the Midlands and London. The team is multi-disciplinary and delivers a wide range of services including school improvement, professional development, change management, organisational development, finance, HR, ICT, property, strategic planning, stakeholder development and administration.
At Star, we are looking for support staff who:
- Believe passionately in the potential of each of our children and young people.
- Care deeply about the wellbeing of our children and our workforce.
- Inspire others through their integrity, work ethic and sense of mission.
- Have the highest expectations of themselves and others.
- Are really passionate and knowledgeable about their role.
At Star, you will find an organisation that:
- Is passionate about its vision of Nurturing Today’s Young People, Inspiring Tomorrow’s Leaders.
- Has fantastic standards of behaviour and commitment from pupils, staff and parents.
- Has responsive and supportive leaders who allow you to fulfil your role to the best of your ability.
- Has high ambitions for all and provides excellent opportunities for your professional development.
- Puts the welfare of our workforce at the core of everything we do.
Work for us
If you can’t find a suitable vacancy right now, don’t worry. As a growing organisation, new opportunities will be available in the near future.
The best and most straightforward way to stay up to date is to join the Star Talent Pool. There’s just one simple online form to fill out. We’ll use this information to match you to future roles, alongside giving you access to exclusive recruitment events and providing regular contact with a member of our recruitment team.