Eden Boys’ School, Bolton judged ‘outstanding’ in first Ofsted inspection
Another of our schools has achieved an ‘outstanding’ Ofsted result, we are pleased to announce.
Staff, governors, pupils and parents from Eden Boys’ School, Bolton are celebrating after their school was judged to be ‘outstanding’ in every category in its first Ofsted inspection.
Ofsted visited the secondary school in late May. The report commends Eden Boys’ School, Bolton for how well it cares for pupils, exceptional academic progress and the personal development opportunities from which pupils benefit.
School leaders were praised for building “a learning community in which everyone strives for, and delivers, excellence.” Inspectors added that “a culture of high aspiration and challenge prevails, which pupils readily ‘buy into’.”
Key findings of Ofsted’s report include:
- “Pupils are exceptionally well cared for, academically and pastorally. They are very happy, feel safe and enjoy school. As a result, they are able to achieve their very best.”
- “Pupils make exceptional progress from their starting points.”
- “Teachers strive for excellence in their practice, readily learning from each other. They are well supported to improve teaching.”
- “Pupils’ conduct is exemplary and they show respect for each other and adults in school. Pupils live up to leaders’ and teachers’ high expectations for excellent standards of behaviour.”
- “Pupils’ personal development is exceptionally well planned through enrichment and extra-curricular activities.”
- “Attendance is consistently above average. This is because pupils like school and feel extremely well supported.”
- “Personalised support for all is a key strength and feature of this school.”
- “Pupils who have special educational needs and/or disabilities are cared for exceptionally well… As a result, pupils make similarly strong progress to that of their classmates.”
- “Parents have overwhelmingly positive views of the school.”
Shabir Fazal, Principal of Eden Boys’ School, Bolton, said:
“I’m delighted for everyone connected with our school that we have achieved this ‘outstanding’ result at our very first Ofsted inspection. This result belongs to each and every member of our amazing school community.
“It’s testament to the hard work of our dedicated team of staff and governors; to the commitment and support of our parents; and most of all, to the enthusiasm of our pupils. It’s very satisfying to hear such praise for our school’s strong leadership, and to know that the outstanding behaviour and conduct of our pupils did not go unnoticed by the inspectors.”
Dr Salim Natha, Chair of Governors, added:
“Eden Boys’ School, Bolton is a school that strives to continually move forward. We are outward looking and will take every opportunity to drive up standards of teaching and leadership to continue to offer our pupils the very best educational experience. It was pleasing to see this recognised in the report.
“The inspectors also acknowledged the high quality of support the school receives from the Governing Body, Star Academies and other schools within the Trust.”
Added By: Star Academies | Date Added: 6th Jul 2017 | Posted In: Latest News